New CCM price hike

Just some fun to show. Links, pics or movies.

Moderator: minetymenace

chobbler
>420
>420
Flag: China

New CCM price hike

Postby chobbler » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:05 pm

I don't post a lot these days as most technical has been well answered etc, but I am still an enthusiast/owner and read the great advice.

I genuinely was on the brink of buying a couple of the new CCM 450 ADVs for me and the wife for all the good reasons, I guess linked to history as much as very good technical spec.

I'm really sad that they are now using the "Brexit" politics angle in their latest mail shoot to raise prices by £500. It may well be quite right under the circumstances but I just can't find a good marriage between sport/leisure disposable income and politics in an advertising context.

I guess I just needed to vent my disappointment to my brotherhood on how media bullsh!t can spoil trade. A potential £18K lost in a one liner, now probably going towards two modded KTMs. Have they learned anything?

vegplot
>10
>10
Flag: Wales

Re: New CCM price hike

Postby vegplot » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:14 pm

As many of their parts are sourced abroad combined with the fall in the GBP (Brexit has a role to play in this) making imports more expensive then it makes sense that CCM increases pricing accordingly.

I have a GP450 and have to say it's an excellent machine, we recently took delivery of another for my wife.

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Postby minetymenace » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:56 pm

vegplot, would you update your profile and let everyone know in which part of the Brexit area you live in please?

While a weak pound increases the cost of imports, it means there is an opportunity of sourcing a UK made part at a competitive price and depriving the foreign sweatshop owners of our hard earned cash, neither being a bad thing. :oops:
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

beat
>1400
>1400
Flag: Switzerland

Postby beat » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:30 pm

Hmmmmm <201

I had to google first what ccm 450adv is.
guessing I got it right, - I do asking me what the ADVENTURE stays for.

the engine ?? BMW from Taiwan
the frame ?? alloy screwed.
the fork ?? Marcochi
the wight ?? 140 kg
the HP ??? 40

it must be the last one :------- THE PRICE !!!!

ore do I miss something ??

beat :oops:

vegplot
>10
>10
Flag: Wales

Postby vegplot » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:39 am

minetymenace wrote:vegplot, would you update your profile and let everyone know in which part of the Brexit area you live in please?

While a weak pound increases the cost of imports, it means there is an opportunity of sourcing a UK made part at a competitive price and depriving the foreign sweatshop owners of our hard earned cash, neither being a bad thing. :oops:

The Welsh flag is on my profile are you not able to see it?

Usually these are from a single supplier to source parts from multiple suppliers is difficult. Don't forget CCM has limited is a tiny consumer, they don't have the buying power of larger marques.

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1

Postby minetymenace » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Yes and Chobbler has a Chinese flag but he lives in Gloucester, Mr Hingley has the Soa Tome & Principe flag but almost lives in Wales!! On this forum the Flag you choose seems to represent the nationality of the animal you lost your virginity to....go on, be a sport, put up your county or accept the location I type into your profile....do not under estimate the power of the moderator!!
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

Andy Chaos
>580
>580

Postby Andy Chaos » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:10 pm

On this forum the Flag you choose seems to represent the nationality of the animal you lost your virginity to....

I would have a guess at ovine :lol:

Ian Hingley
>1400
>1400
Flag: Sao Tome & Principe

Postby Ian Hingley » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:39 pm

minetymenace wrote:... Mr Hingley has the Soa Tome & Principe flag but almost lives in Wales!!

Luckily, a stretch of water, Offa's Dyke and an expensive toll bridge keep me well away from Wales!

Ian
66 BSA Victor Enduro, 72 BSA Lightning, 62 BSA B40 trials, 89 H*nda Bros 650, 96 Aprilia Moto 6.5, 2000 Aprilia Moto 6.5

beat
>1400
>1400
Flag: Switzerland

Postby beat » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Ian Hingley wrote:an expensive toll bridge keep me well away from Wales!

No charge for BSA's on this bridge Ian, -- and iff you have to pay, - it are the British ones taking your money :!:

<217 <217

Return to “Off topic”