Parts sellers

Here You can ad suppliers and new parts.

Moderator: minetymenace

Jeff K
<1100
<1100
Flag: United States of America

Parts sellers

Post by Jeff K » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:09 pm

I am working on another TR5T and sometimes you have to order parts from suppliers because they are the only ones that have what you need. Last week I placed two orders to England one to Classic Bike Shop and one to British Bike Bits. The shipping to the USA is very high anymore
The TR5T seat that I ordered from Classic Bike Shop was $61.00 USD to ship. It was still cheaper then the few places here that had it. And it was delivered in TWO days!! WOW Fast shipping to the USA. But I have not heard from British Bike Bits, I think they are the same as Burton Bike Bits, has anyone else had any dealings with them. I need to order a Speedometer cable from them, a 60-3997 and I am waiting to see how they do on this last order. Fortunately most of the non-engine parts are the same as the B50 and the 1971 250's and are easy to find.
Jeff

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: Parts sellers

Post by minetymenace » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:06 pm

BBB are reputable, they do a very wide range of stuff, some good, some not so, but not normally a problem shipping. They answer the phone if you are worried, but being the other side of the pond this might be a problem time wise. If you get stuck pm me and I'll call them for you.

Going to move this to the suppliers section when I get on a machine with a bigger screen, oh, and I deleted your duplicate post...:)
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

Jeff K
<1100
<1100

Post by Jeff K » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Danny just got back to. They had somehow pushed my order back and they are now sending it out. I thanked him for his response and I am putting together another order for him. International shipping has gone up a lot. It seems to be almost a flat rate. One exhaust TR5T exhaust pipe set = $61.00 USD, The same plus wiring harness, brackets, speedometer cable etc and still $61.00. I order just a seat from ClassicBike Shop and the Shipping was also $61.00, but it was express and it was here in two days.
I noticed on the 1974 TR5T that the bullet end plug on the Speedometer drive was missing. This normally means someone put too long a cable on or the cable got dry/seized up and forced the worm gear out the back. It was the cable. I got lucky the TR5T used very rare Nippon unit for the Speedometer. The cables are special, they fit the Smith's drive on one end and the Nippon on the other. The TR5T uses a 2.1 to 1 drive, I think the B50 also used either the 2.1to1 or the 2 to 1 depending on rear tire size. If I can get the inner cable out, I can make up a new one and then have a spare. I use the universal car speedometer cable kits, cut to size and swage the end square. The kits are at most Auto parts stores and are about $10.00.
Jeff

Jeff K
<1100
<1100

Post by Jeff K » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Here is a link to the speedometer kit, looks like the price dropped. $3.99
https://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/spe ... 45317_6211
Jeff