bsaunitsingles.com

Here You can ad suppliers and new parts.

Moderator: minetymenace

b50root
Site Admin
Site Admin
Flag: Scania Sweden

bsaunitsingles.com

Postby b50root » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:42 am

We have a new supplier for Unit singles in USA.

http://www.bsaunitsingles.com

Rickard
nebrer on EBAY
nebrer at skype ( http://www.skype.com )

SteveS
>380
>380
Flag: Gambia

Re: bsaunitsingles.com

Postby SteveS » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:57 am

Looks like they are based in New Hampshire, USA

Good to have another avenue for spares and info. Any one know anything about them?

Regards Steve
Steve Sewell

b50root
Site Admin
Site Admin
Flag: Scania Sweden

Postby b50root » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:51 am

Ups. Sorry. Changed that.

Rickard
nebrer on EBAY
nebrer at skype ( http://www.skype.com )

Peter Quick
>40
>40
Flag: United States of America

Postby Peter Quick » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:24 am

BSA Unit Singles LLC
Peter Quick

I’ve continuously owned motorcycles since I was 15. I competed in enduros in my late teens and early twenties, first with an OSSA and then more successfully with a screaming Can-Am. I’ve always preferred dirt bikes over street bikes. About 12 years ago I took up working on BSA singles. My first was a 1967 B44EA Victor. For some reason the plodding technological progression of the unit single series from the Triumph Cub to the robust BSA B50 really sucked my interest into them. This along with their dirt bike heritage. I began amassing parts and motorcycles of the unit single persuasion mainly as a source of parts for my expanding project queue. I quit counting BSAs I had bought at around 20 because so many were really just rolling hulks not worthy of restoration. I suppose I could have counted the mountain of engine cases and frames along with the still together bikes to get an idea of the numbers involved but it didn’t seem very important.

In my work life I own and run a book shipping and warehousing operation. I’ve been doing this for almost 40 years. I contract with publishers to handle their goods so they don’t have to manage that part of the process. The result is an efficient warehousing and shipping operation with a sophisticated database linked to shipping systems and also linked to e-commerce and web shopping functions.

Over the last few years I thought it might be fun to try to figure out how to sell BSA parts other than through ebay as a sideline business. Something to spice up my daily work routine that also leveraged my existing business expertise. In the fall of 2012, about a year ago, I decided to actually try to do this. I realized the first order of business was to create a database of all the parts that relate to BSA unit singles. Not an easy task. How does one create a clean list of these part numbers not filled with other model part numbers, with parts like footpeg braces for A10s or gearbox parts for A65s? It took a half year of pirating other data base lists, merging and cleaning, and then working on descriptions and part number supersessions to be in a position to be able to know how to identify and find parts I would be interested in carrying. With deep part number knowledge I could be a much savvier buyer.

In January of 2013 I cut a deal with someone I know to buy out his personal BSA singles horde, including a fair number of NOS parts and almost new dealer take offs from the early 1970s. He had bought out a local (to him) ex- BSA dealer some years earlier. I drove home to New Hampshire from Kansas in a rented 24 foot commercial box truck packed end to end with unit singles and pallets of parts. There were something like 16 complete motorcycles and all sorts of parts in varying stated of decay, from rare NOS items to parts that went straight into the dumpster. This seemed like a good base to build on for my still informal business dream.

Within not much more than a month from that I heard that DomiRacer was trying to sell its entire operation, or if that didn’t work then liquidate their inventory. This was the tipping point for me. Stop where I was with a nice stock of parts to take me through a lifetime of singles restorations or go into the parts business. Real money would have to be spent to do the latter. For those that don’t know, DomiRacer had one of the better inventories of BSA parts in the USA. In the early 2000’s British Only in Michigan had considered getting out of the parts business but couldn’t find a buyer. They did however sell much of their BSA parts line to DomiRacer. So here I’m looking at probably one of the largest collections of BSA unit single parts in the USA and they were all for sale. This was fantastic timing for my business plans or terrible timing for further funding my kids college tuition accounts. I opted to buy much of DomiRacer’s unit single inventory before the final give away auction. British Cycle Supply ended up getting most of the excess unit single inventory that I didn’t buy at the final auction for just cents on the dollar.

I ended up creating a company, BSA Unit Singles LLC, so I can track how big a money hole I may have created for myself. I then established dealer relationships with all the major parts distributors in the US and some in the UK. I’m even dealing with some manufacturers to make parts for these bikes, like a line of quality forged pistons for B44’s and B50’s that can run closer tolerances and still sell for less than the Italian made GPM pistons which are about the only other pistons currently made for these bikes.

Throughout the late spring and summer I worked to get my e-commerce website functioning and easy to update to be able to keep current with pricing and inventory control. At the same time piecing together supply lines for reproduction replacement parts has been no easy task. It is a long windy path with lots of side lead dead ends. The supply lines for Triumph parts is fantastic compared to that of BSA parts.

In mid-September 2013 I finally went live and in the first week had the customary heart attack moments with browser display problems, and minor shopping cart malfunctions. That seems to be under control now. One of the things with my website that I’m proud of is my BSA unit single archives section. This is a free resource for BSA unit single enthusiasts with extensive scans of BSA official publications available for free download. There are three categories. Spares Manuals, an exhaustive listing thought to be a complete collection of the spares manuals ranging from the first C15 in 1959 to the last B50MX in 1973. Workshop and Owners Manuals, with scans of official BSA workshop manuals and owners books. And lastly, Advertisements and Brochures, containing interesting scans of BSA brochures and advertisements.

Now that everything is functioning and I have a sufficiently wide and deep inventory in place I am opening to the public with my venture. I’m sure it will take some time to get the word out to the widely dispersed world of unit single owners for my business to start logging meaningful sales and services. But that is anticipated as I have gone through the initial doldrums of business startups before. I am still working on widening my listings and inventory items that I carry. Presently I have over 1300 part numbers with inventory (all unit singles stuff) and have around 24,000 total parts on hand. And the numbers are growing!

http://www.bsaunitsingles.com
New Hampshire, USA
check out my website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com
over 2500 part numbers with inventory and 25,000 parts on hand, many NOS items, all just for unit singles

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Postby minetymenace » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:35 am

:shock:

:thumb
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

David S
>220
>220

Postby David S » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 am

Cool! I will have to check them out.

David S

gtsun
1-10
1-10

Postby gtsun » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:49 pm

I bought many parts from this place when I got around to getting my 68 B44 SS back on the road, great site and Peter is super helpful & knows this stuff real well. My local guys couldn't find a bush for the kick start quadrant, I waited a couple weeks then found peters site advertised here & he had the quadrant, spring & the bush ready for machining. I've ordered from Peter several times and allways had super fast shipping, very helpful responses to email and great parts.. Glenn.

Jeff K
>880
>880

Postby Jeff K » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:35 am

I have also bought many parts from Peter. A great source of parts and information and always ready to help. A+++
Jeff K.

Return to “Suppliers and New Products”