Front Mudguards 97-4052

Here You can ad suppliers and new parts.

Moderator: minetymenace

RichieP
>100
>100
Flag: Great Britain

Front Mudguards 97-4052

Postby RichieP » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:16 am

Thought I'd post an update on the mudguard batch I've had made by Autocycle - these are the short 26" blade US spec versions made to the correct profile using the original Speedwell machines. They have the right radius to suit the 18" front wheel and are all bare metal/unpainted
I'm really just looking to get my money back on the surplus ones I had done - there are a few options:

- guard only, no stays and no finishing (ie needs flats in the beading to weld to) £40 each
- the same as the above but with an OEM pair of stays (single wire, no vertical brace) to weld yourself £65
- the same as above but with the extra vertical bracing wire £67
- finished guard (you'd have to accept the variable quality of my TIG welding) £75 single wire or £78 with the extra brace

I've had these for a bit but didn't post before because I've just been too busy to do anything with them. These prices are for regular forum users only - cash on collection or cleared cheque up front - I'll deliver at cost to anywhere as long as we can sort payment out (I'm not keen on Paypal with all their extra charges). If you want me to do the welding then I'm afraid it's going to be May before I realistically have chance to do any (off on hols this next week). I'll post pictures at some point if anyone requests them.

I will be getting the ones I'm using chromed, so if anyone would like to buy guards to include in the chroming batch then let me know and again, I'll do this at cost - this won't be for a couple of months at least.
I'd prefer forum members got these first, but if any are left by the time I've finally got round to doing my own then they'll have to go on fleabay.
Cheers
Richard

steve m
>1400
>1400

Re: Front Mudguards 97-4052

Postby steve m » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:34 am

so, Richard. i can understand why you got a batch made, well done. these are difficult to find. lots of 19"(if you are that way inclined). can you get some pic's up please?
would the bracing/stays be as per..?

steve

RichieP
>100
>100
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Front Mudguards 97-4052

Postby RichieP » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Here's couple of photos that hopefully clarify things - the blade and two brace options. The blades are straight cut at the back and beaded on the edges and front. 26" measured across the top and made to the correct (I think it was) 13 3/4" radius.
I don't have enough of the stays to do all the blades I have spare, and only a few of the small vertical stays. If anyone would like any combinations un-welded I'd be glad to get these off in the near future, or could take some to Stafford. If you do want a welded up version I'm afraid there'll be a wait until I can get my act in gear (Paul I'll give you a call at some point about borrowing a template to make a jig).
Cheers
Richard
Attachments
IMG_3093.jpg
IMG_3092.jpg

Return to “Suppliers and New Products”