BSA stuff

Here You can ad suppliers and new parts.

Moderator: minetymenace

b50root
Site Admin
Site Admin
Flag: Scania Sweden

Re: BSA stuff

Postby b50root » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:38 pm

My jacket arrived today. Way to small for me. It fits my tiny wife.
2016-02-09 1.jpg

No label who made it Sorry.
Realy great embrodory

Rickard
nebrer on EBAY
nebrer at skype ( http://www.skype.com )

kommando
>1400
>1400
Flag: Ireland

Postby kommando » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:25 pm

Could be made in China going by the small size vs label.

Jango
>60
>60
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Jango » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:10 pm

On seeing this thread I thought "why not design a logo to suit this site" on a garment to suit the more mature figure, so I did a BSA logo & a B50.org logo on autocad & sent them off to a workwear company.
These photos are the result.
I have had 5 each of the zipped sweat top & beanie hat made, I'm obviously going to keep 1 of each but if anyone else wants the remaing 4 they are up for grabs for what they cost me plus postage. The beanie is "1 size fits all" & the zipped sweat tops are 2XL
Cost of the Beanie is £5.50
Cost of the sweat top is £23
The good news is the logos are on file at the workwear company so if there are any other requirements there will be no set up costs
so that in future the embroidery costs will be £2.95 per logo + the cost of the garment (many & various)
If anyone is interested please PM me
sweat1.jpg

sweat2.jpg

That's my son in the photos, I'm too ugly

Jango

SteveS
>380
>380
Flag: Gambia

Postby SteveS » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:00 pm

I don't mean to 'rain on the parade' but part of the reason some of you are struggling to find suppliers is that the rights to the use of BSA logo are protected by trademark legislation. My understanding is that UK and European ownership belongs to Dave Bennett at BSA Regal. The clothing you have been trying to source is likely to be produced by Chinese or certainly Far Eastern manufacturers who are deliberately evading royalty payments.

To ensure continued ownership and protection of BSA, Dave regularly has to defend himself in court against infringements of the use of the BSA name. Chris Pellet's venture with the kids electric bikes is fully licenced and endorsed by BSA (see here) and helps Dave in providing evidence of current production and active trading in the BSA name.

Jango - you should be fine as I take it this is not a business venture?

Regards
Steve Sewell

Andy Chaos
>580
>580
Flag: England

Postby Andy Chaos » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Kin Hell I have fake Chinese BSA tank stickers on the Bonneville bike I might have to change them to Triumph :shock: :laugh

HPbyStan
>1400
>1400
Flag: United States of America

Postby HPbyStan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:21 pm

I read that Regal got the rights to the name but not the logo and is why they didn't use it and someone else got the logo rights but didn't keep it up or use it so it has lapsed. Could all be BS, tough to tell from here.

AJ CCM
>240
>240

Postby AJ CCM » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:38 pm

I thought it stud for
British Sandwich Association and Boy Scouts of America :laugh :laugh :laugh
Regards AJ CCM

Andy Chaos
>580
>580

Postby Andy Chaos » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:50 pm

Jango wrote:On seeing this thread I thought "why not design a logo to suit this site" on a garment to suit the more mature figure, so I did a BSA logo & a B50.org logo on autocad & sent them off to a workwear company.
These photos are the result.
I have had 5 each of the zipped sweat top & beanie hat made, I'm obviously going to keep 1 of each but if anyone else wants the remaing 4 they are up for grabs for what they cost me plus postage. The beanie is "1 size fits all" & the zipped sweat tops are 2XL
Cost of the Beanie is £5.50
Cost of the sweat top is £23
The good news is the logos are on file at the workwear company so if there are any other requirements there will be no set up costs
so that in future the embroidery costs will be £2.95 per logo + the cost of the garment (many & various)
If anyone is interested please PM me
sweat1.jpg

sweat2.jpg

That's my son in the photos, I'm too ugly

Jango

My Zipped Sweat top and Beanie Hat arrived today Mike and I an pleased to say it fits the more MANURE figure perfectly.
Its very much appreciated and I promise a photo of it on the BSA at Bonneville.

Andy

Mark Cook
>1400
>1400

Postby Mark Cook » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:02 pm

It's a registered trade mark from Southampton. Registered 2011.
CCM Britain motorcycles and spares manufactured exclusively by PES

+44 (0) 1709 894192
http://www.ccm-britain.co.uk (online shopping experiance)

Chris Pellett
>1000
>1000
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Chris Pellett » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:32 pm

Licensing Management International handle the BSA brand for the BSA Regal Group.
There are currently four clothing suppliers licenced to use BSA trademarks, Motolegends have not renewed theirs.
Those that pay for the license can get a bit miffed by those that don't and simply call trading standards.
I understand that an Ebay T shirt trader, reported for selling unlicensed BSA shirts (and others) received a fine and suspended sentence,
the printing company in Bristol that made them had its printing equipment seized.

To trade on someone elses brand you need their permission and usually pay them a fee and/or royalties, even if you don't make a profit.
For non trading purposes they would have to prove a loss (real, potential, monetary or reputation).
Putting BSA on your own MX shirt actually helps brand awareness so I would argue there is no loss.
Putting it on one for sale, when something similar could be bought from a licenced trader would be deemed a loss.

For the low volume needed for B50.Org members you might find that approaching LMI for permission to include the BSA logo on B50.Org merchandise (and ask Rickard nicely) is all you need to do.

Ripe Motorcycles Ltd are licenced to develop manufacture and sell BSA children's off road motorcycles for which we pay BSA royalties when an agreed threshold sales figure is reached.

Regards
Chris

scootin newton
>80
>80

Postby scootin newton » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:36 pm

I guess I should have registered the B50 Logo years ago when I designed it
Scootin-Newton

b50root
Site Admin
Site Admin
Flag: Scania Sweden

Postby b50root » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:23 pm

Chris Pellett wrote:
For the low volume needed for B50.Org members you might find that approaching LMI for permission to include the BSA logo on B50.Org merchandise (and ask Rickard nicely) is all you need to do.

For me it´s all ok but as Scootin says, It´s his logo, and he gave me the permission many years ago to use on the site.

And for that I'm really grateful for him.

Rickard
nebrer on EBAY
nebrer at skype ( http://www.skype.com )

scootin newton
>80
>80

Postby scootin newton » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Thanks Rickard
Just my small contribution to you and the website that you provide
for the BSA Singles Enthusiasts
All proceeds from using my logo should be sent to:
Blah Blah Blah
Scootin-Newton

beat
>1400
>1400
Flag: Switzerland

Postby beat » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:55 pm

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

<216

Return to “Suppliers and New Products”