Feked Classic Bike Parts

Here You can ad suppliers and new parts.

Moderator: minetymenace

B44Claus
>160
>160
Flag: Denmark

Feked Classic Bike Parts

Post by B44Claus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Hello guys,

Have any of you experience with purchasing parts from Feked Classic Bike Parts(Feked.com) which you would share?
Are they getting their parts from the same sources(f.ex MCA) as many of the others do?
I was looking at various B44 & B50 parts and their prices look quite competitive. However, not wanting to buy something that is of inferior quality and perhaps doesn't fit or look right or maybe even is dangerous I would be interested to hear your observations.

Regards
Claus
B44Claus

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: Feked Classic Bike Parts

Post by minetymenace » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi B44Claus,
see topic called Feked.com,
and try searching for "Feked"....quite a few post

Maybe someone has some more up-to-date info....
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

B44Claus
>160
>160

Post by B44Claus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi Minety,

Thanks for directing me to the previous posts on the same subject! I find it positive that Feked has responded on this forum.

I was comparing prices on B50 fork stanchions and Feked actually sells a "standard"(budget) version which is very competitive price-vise. The better quality version(British made) is similar priced to others.
I wrote to Feked and asked about the difference between the two versions and got the response back that they couldn't see any difference! mmm :???:

Brgds,
Claus
B44Claus

midgie
>1200
>1200
Been thanked: 0

Post by midgie » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:33 pm

what an answer from them, most of the pattern stanchions are .003 to .004" under on the outside diameter which should be 1.3605" to 1.3610" so when you put the new pattern ones in your sliders they are your classic 'manhood' and 'top hat' joke. the other dimension to watch is they are over on the internal bore so the 'o' ring on the damper valve dosent make proper contact. have seen all these 'wonderful' parts before under the wassell banner so same sh-t different seller.

B44Claus
>160
>160

Post by B44Claus » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi Midgie,

Thanks for your comments!

The problem with such an answer from a supplier is that perhaps the parts are just fine and will fit nicely. But you get the impression that he isn't concerned with what he is selling.
This is a particular issue with ordering overseas as the hassle involved when returning parts that doesn't fit and getting you money back is most often unbearable.

If I should mention one supplier that stands out as selling good quality parts and have very reasonable pricing it's C & D Autos: http://www.canddautos.co.uk
I have bought spare parts from them for 20 years and they are dedicated and helpful; Good old fashion service. They don't have a fancy website where you can order parts directly but send them an e-mail with the parts you need and they will come back with a quote within a few days.

Brgds,
Claus
B44Claus

midgie
>1200
>1200
Been thanked: 0

Post by midgie » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:29 pm

yes I agree when I have had dealings with c&d they have been superb.