B50MX fenders and more

Here You can ad suppliers and new parts.

Moderator: minetymenace

Peter Quick
>40
>40
Flag: United States of America

B50MX fenders and more

Postby Peter Quick » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:13 am

I just took delivery on a special order of fenders I had manufactured. It was a long wait.

I had a run of alloy B50MX fenders made, front and rear. Stainless are difficult to source so I went with alloy reproductions. They are the same shape and bend as original save that the alloy fronts seem to be shy of just about 1" in total length if compared to an original. Makes no difference in appearance once mounted. As with all the reproduction B50MX high fenders none come with the reinforcement strip along the middle underside like the originals did. It would be prudent to use a good size fender washer curved to fit to support the mounting bolts, front and rear. These fenders have the rolled edges all around and the fronts have the proper end flares.

The alloy fenders weigh half of what stainless fenders weigh. I wonder why BSA didn't go this route with the B50MX? Alloy seemed to be the choice of the B44GP fenders and saves a couple pounds.

I also had a short run of the 1972 B50T / 1973-74 TR5T high chrome fenders made up.

While I was at it I had a bunch of B44 rear chrome fenders made up as I was down to my last few, or I should say foresaw that by the time the fenders would be made I'd be down to my last ones. These are the correct B44 bend with the cutouts for the fender and exhaust pipe.

All of these were made by Autocycle Engineering in the UK who turn out better BSA fenders than most other do.

So a partial list of the new fenders I have available:

B50MX alloy fender set

97-4072ALLY B50MX HIGH FRONT FENDER - ALLOY $ 90.00

83-2934ALLY B50MX REAR FENDER - ALLOY $ 135.00

97-4333 B50T & TR5T HIGH FRONT FENDER - CHROME $ 180.00

40-6815 B44 REAR FENDER - CHROME $ 225.00

41-6533 B44 VICTOR FRONT FENDER - CHROME $ 190.00

Pictures of all of these are also on my website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com

I'm hoping that these will be of interest to folks.

Peter Quick
BSA Unit Singles LLC
Last edited by Peter Quick on Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Hampshire, USA
check out my website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com
over 2500 part numbers with inventory and 25,000 parts on hand, many NOS items, all just for unit singles

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: B50MX fenders and more

Postby minetymenace » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:42 pm

Pictures Peter Quick, pictures....
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

Chris Pellett
>1000
>1000
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Chris Pellett » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:38 pm

DSCN9919a.jpg
New BSA B50MX Stainless front fender undrilled £135
Chris
(Ripe Motorcycles Ltd)

LONGSTROKE
>80
>80
Flag: Cayman Islands

Postby LONGSTROKE » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:13 pm

Do you have the B50Mx rear ones?

Chris Pellett
>1000
>1000
Flag: Great Britain

Postby Chris Pellett » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:25 pm

I was told the forming rollers for the rear were stolen (they are brass) so there would be no more rear ones made (in the UK).
Best bet is an undrilled T140 cut down at the front but they are from Taiwan, distorted and thin.
Regards
Chris

LONGSTROKE
>80
>80
Flag: Cayman Islands

Postby LONGSTROKE » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:25 am

Stolen :shock: Search the local temp caravan sites :!: Crap ones now made in Taiwan :( Thats globalisation for you coupled with cheap labour :(

Peter Quick
>40
>40
Flag: United States of America

Postby Peter Quick » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Chris P wrote:I was told the forming rollers for the rear were stolen (they are brass) so there would be no more rear ones made (in the UK).
Best bet is an undrilled T140 cut down at the front but they are from Taiwan, distorted and thin.
Regards
Chris

HI Chris,

This statement is questionable. My rears were indeed made in the UK and by Autocycle. I have compared my new alloy ones to original and the bend is the same! Autocycle will not make the rears in stainless because there is too much waste making them. Basically too high a failure rate and too many have to be tossed. So in this case the best bet is to get one from me. I'm trying to improve the supply stream for unit single enthusiasts.

In the matter of the stainless fronts you have, I can get those also, and have in the past. However they were over a year out of stock from the supplier MCA who is tight lipped on where they source them but India is likely. During the long dry spell on the availability of the front and rear stainless fenders I decided to bite the bullet and get a batch of each made in alloy knowing full well the risk that MCA would turn some up before mine would be made. In my mind the alloy are just as nice, will polish up well, and save the racer and general rider some weight. For the anal restoration buff sure stainless would be more "accurate" but even the reproductions are not true to the original as they do not have the stiffening strap on the underside of the fender so are not an apples to apples comparison. Lastly if one is prone to falling off a bike on occasion and tearing up the fenders the alloy ones are a much better deal than stainless.

Peter
New Hampshire, USA
check out my website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com
over 2500 part numbers with inventory and 25,000 parts on hand, many NOS items, all just for unit singles

Return to “Suppliers and New Products”