Alpha Web site problems

Here You can ad suppliers and new parts.

Moderator: minetymenace

Jeff K
>1200
>1200
Flag: United States of America

Alpha Web site problems

Post by Jeff K » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:53 pm

I noted that early some one has posted that the owner of Alpha had passed. Are they still open or is any one else going to run or purchase the business? Their online valve catalog still works , but every thing else seems to be down online.
Jeff

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: Alpha Web site problems

Post by minetymenace » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:47 am

VMCC forum: wrote:Max Nightingale, of Alpha Bearings, sadly died suddenly on June 8th , aged 59, of an undiscovered brain tumour. He had no will or immediate dependants, and as he was sole proprietor of Alpha, the bank have frozen the company finances until ownership gets sorted out. This will eventually fall to his sister , but what happens in the meantime is anybody’s guess, with the business in the hands of the bank and solicitors.
I spoke with one of the fitters yesterday, they have a couple of weeks finishing existing orders, then they will close the doors ( hopefully temporarily ).
Not only is this the loss of a nice guy and a good engineer, but the ramifications could affect us playing around with old bikes until it gets sorted out. Very sad on many levels.
R.i.p Max
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

Ian Hingley
>1400
>1400
Flag: Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Alpha Web site problems

Post by Ian Hingley » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:11 pm

:cry: :cry:

Ian
66 BSA Victor Enduro, 72 BSA Lightning, 62 BSA B40 trials, 2015 Truimph Street Twin, 89 H*nda Bros 650, 96 Aprilia Moto 6.5, 2000 Aprilia Moto 6.5