Moderator: minetymenace

britgaskets
>300
>300
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Expensive Nikon P100 sacrifice test ride

Post by britgaskets » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:51 am

Ah you only live once and when I get the angle up a bit and my rpm tach wired up the 1080 HD video should be great. Looking forward to a nice Stanley park ride video soon perhaps a run up to Whistler.
Riding a BSA each day keeps you young......and on your toes! http://www.britgaskets.com My host for .ca broke like a B25 in a 17 year olds hands.

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: Expensive Nikon P100 sacrifice test ride

Post by minetymenace » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:17 am

<004 I was expecting to see an "Expensive Nikon P100" get sacrificed, did I miss something? What is the small camera display below the instruments? Is there time to take your Ducati a test ride when you dissapear on the BSA and leave the garage door open? Keep up the good work.
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

2manyrides
>580
>580
Flag: United States of America

Post by 2manyrides » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:59 pm

britgaskets wrote:Ah you only live once and when I get the angle up a bit and my rpm tach wired up the 1080 HD video should be great. Looking forward to a nice Stanley park ride video soon perhaps a run up to Whistler.
In the past it was britgaskets videos that nudged me over the edge to try and outfit myself for documenting some of my rides. Trial and error I've gotten along in a low tech way.
I remember one cooking trout on the muffler! ha ha.

But in looking at this one, and the tach, (it's not hooked up?) I see it gets spikes in it's readings.
I run a trail tech vapor on my mx and the darn thing fluctuates like that. Bugs me. Currently have the sensor wire wrapped more times around the spark plug wire than they suggest, (found that out later) and tighter winds too. On the next revamp I was going to attach to an extra terminal on the coil as I've done with the vapor on my XR, which has rock steady solid RPM's readout. Another issue with the vapor is they say it can be posative or negative ground. Either way, all types of ghosts manafested themselves upon both wireings. In the end, juice for the speedo/tach was best being completely isolated away from all other electrics by running pos+neg right off the battery.

Know what I mean? I could show this symtom in a video. It jumps at least 2,000 rpm causing the real highest rpm attained readout to be false.

2many
72 B50SS bought in 74, I'm the second owner
74 TR5MX bought in 77-new, I'm the original owner

Which one to ride today?

beat
>1400
>1400
Flag: Switzerland

Post by beat » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:24 pm

hi tomany,
what is the oil-thing ? Temperature ore Press ??
beat <212

britgaskets
>300
>300
Been thanked: 0

Post by britgaskets » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:12 am

Beat that is my oil pressure gimcrack (gimmick) it works if I bleed the line of air which I have not done. It goes to 25psi cold then when the bike oil is warm hovers around 5-7psi increasing with revs over 4000rpm.
As for the sacrifice it was more the fact I strapped on a SLR looking camera with delicate motor zoom, mechanical and not good to bump around. 10 minutes at 1080p HD is also about 4gigs or something so that is 720p. I will get the angle fixed and the Rupp tach wires sorted due to it being neg ground I forgot how I had it hooked up when it was working very well.
I need to get another set of dog clippers so I can cut my mophead new wave hair. You brits may remember the band FunBoy 3 or the Specials with Terry Hall's mushroom cloud hairstyle that's me. LOL! I need a clean piece of lexan for the lense I think. LOL! Our first ride video will be to go crabbing at the ocean with my license so I do not have to buy cat food, he gets the little bits. Mmmmmm $22. 4 crabs a day for a year! and I bodge together my own traps as you will see.

Steve
PS: MM, wireless rear view video for the tuck on highway. Never in 30 years has a scumbag stolen a bike from me, I lost a watch to a guy on the downturn that was a pal though '32 Niveral chrono solid gold). Your right now I think of the door thing but the Duc not mine (750 sport I chased to San Fran on the 441 in '92 with) is in the bigger bike stall garage. Also the big guy ex vet I pass at alley end is a pal and enjoys chasing baddies as much as me :thumb . As well I support every hard working can collector garbage pickers and kids in the area so have eyes on the street, I have a bit of a good samaritan (sp whatever!) rep and since I burst into the crack house across alley at 4am 3 years ago, suddenly there is a lack of criminals wandering around now. I do not recommend that, I worked dirty niteclubs a long time with looguns a plenty. I think they thought they were a bit too obvious in thier "action" after our talk. <202 LOL! size does not matter when I get tired of heavy druggies cutting through my yard. <220 Rough area getting better but I still did not expect the blast up the big hill.
Must remember my driving license is not a driving license but a riding one. It is 1 of less than 1000 or so my guess Class 6 grandfathered motorcycles ONLY types. Very proud I have never wasted space on the road with a car. :werd
-edited sorry MM, no politics even! LOL! just trying to get my caveman semi-ADD style right.
Riding a BSA each day keeps you young......and on your toes! http://www.britgaskets.com My host for .ca broke like a B25 in a 17 year olds hands.