Moderator: minetymenace

britgaskets
>300
>300
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mountain curves to make a CCM cry

Post by britgaskets » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:28 am

This is my ping testing hill here just over the inlet in Vancouver. The road was wet and had leaves so no onboard soaking of the camera just a little look see at the great view in the clouds.
Also found Scooby Doo's van but they must have been out on a caper, it looks beat up but at a closer look at cab it had a high level security cargo area barred and caged w/steel plate! sort of interesting perhaps for expensive push bikes or criminals I hope not broken down BSA's

Steve
Riding a BSA each day keeps you young......and on your toes! http://www.britgaskets.com My host for .ca broke like a B25 in a 17 year olds hands.

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: Mountain curves to make a CCM cry

Post by minetymenace » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:23 am

Little by little you are giving away your secret crabbing location......
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

britgaskets
>300
>300

Post by britgaskets » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:46 am

Perhaps it is disinformation? I do have to protect my secret spots that tourist's cannot find on the map. I just hope some kids don't find my canoe! it has to stay hidden because I can't drag it home on the motorbike every visit. :lol: Burt munroe towed a streamliner I guess I'll just have to build a trailer to tow my 12 foot trapper canoe.Happy to discover today the rotor key was short one from early? victor and was not snug in the channel loose but tightened ok. Now I have a new rotor key in there and a source 2 blocks away for a lockwasher or two. I found the locktite youtube channel, funny buggers to remove red locktite you just have to rev your BSA more!

I may skim another mm or so off the head while it is off too to see if I get a noticable change. 150 000 miles, 3 barrel bore runs on this BSA and it is still ready to go harder than any 441 I have ever seen on the road or youtube :o) great bikes and forgiving.
The flames out exhaust reminded me of the racing video posted in Ulster? of the japanese bike in lead. <069

Steve
Last edited by b50root on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Correcting youtube link
Riding a BSA each day keeps you young......and on your toes! http://www.britgaskets.com My host for .ca broke like a B25 in a 17 year olds hands.

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Post by minetymenace » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:09 am

Love the ulster video, looks like my trip to Scotland earlier this year!!
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

britgaskets
>300
>300

Post by britgaskets » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:58 am

Well the Ulster circuit kept me inspired and the BSA is all done up and the assembly gets better every time. I cleaned and lightly lapped both valves, inspected seats, flat ground on glass half a mm and matched the barrel liner lip as well knowing it would interfere now I am getting close to flush with the fin-head lip. Feels better sealed and I used grey permatex a thou or two on outer lip of head recess that mates with liner top. I also have shim for the edge of exhaust and red locktited the rotor and new key and washer with stator tab fit well (I got a Triumph type shhhh).
NOTE: the use of those inkjet refill syringes for precise gasket goo distribution as well as red locktite is a must for any shop.
I think I may have only hand torqued the rotor nut before and now using the clutch locking lever have it right snug and it feels great. I flat ground the pressure plate surface and have full contact on that now and springs a bit more aligned and screwed in with the red and my safety wire again. I wired it because I think it's good for 4-5000 kms now. The old WW2 vet came by to visit the manx kitten and see it was ok as the fireworks and local firecrackers and roman candles had him freaked out and he told me stories of being in germany fighting during the allied high altitude stuff. Thousands of our guys were under that carpet bombing too! He is proof and every firecracker bang you can see it, my aunt Pat was in the blitz and she too never thought Halloween fireworks were considerate of war victims.
Anyways a good BSA experience and refresher, I had a brand new balanced flywheel ready so maybe next time eh? If it were a pal or customer bike I'd take my time but since it is mine the thrill of a short fast ride is better than the lack of a ride at all. Back to work monday in 6 hours and hopefully I will also get a trout or crabs for dinner for my effort. Stupid little rotor key! where did that slip in!
Steve
This vid was taking off the rockerbox, my two pushrod tube 1/4" studs are replaced by allen socket caps and nylock nuts below.