B50SS vs B50MX motors

Moderator: minetymenace

sclark309d
>10
>10

B50SS vs B50MX motors

Postby sclark309d » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:27 am

Hi all

I'm new to british singles and this is my first post, so I beg forgiveness in advance for my ignorance, and throw myself on the mercy of you, the knowledgeable :grin:

Can someone enlighten me as to the difference(s), between the B50SS and B50MX motors please?

I'm guessing higher compression, difference cam, bigger carb, different tranny, bigger valves for the MX??

Same cases, cylinder, and head casting?

Thanks in advance for your consideration

Sincerely,
Nebwie

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: B50SS vs B50MX motors

Postby minetymenace » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:35 am

<135 to the forum sclark309d

Yes you guessed it. The SS (or Street Scrambler) is a road going machine with lights etc, the MX (motor cross) is an off road racer, thre is also a "T" or trail version

There are parts lists (see the "Spareparts" button at the top of the page) and photos page as well all sorts of other gems...

If you want to know specific differences, just ask...

I also took your name and specific location off your post for security reasons, you don't want them to get you do you? :ban

I guess this is a request for a Technical Write-Up....maybe some knowledgeable author will oblige

sclark309d
>10
>10

Re: B50SS vs B50MX motors

Postby sclark309d » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:42 pm

Thank you for the reply. And ty for removing my personal info.

I wasn't sure exactly where to post, but a technical write-up might be useful to others in the future.

The SS I thought i located is now gone, but I'll keep looking, and meanwhile I'll look thru the references provided to further my "Beezer-edjumacation" :-)

Steve

Return to “Requests”