2018 BSA International Rally

Moderator: minetymenace

Canberra
<1100
<1100
Flag: Australia

2018 BSA International Rally

Postby Canberra » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Well it's time to make some plans. It'll take a few years to get the cash together so why not forward plan.

If you cannot afford to raise enough for your bike we may have a few BSA's here in Canberra to borrow. Especially for someone who will treat them well. <135 I am sure there will be accommodation as required.

It would be nice to ride down to Victoria together down through Ned Kelly country instead of the boring highway and I am sure we can arrange backup trailers just in case. Maybe people can ship into Botany, travel with us and out of Melbourne if you bring your own machine.

Trevor you could join us on your way through and anyone else.

John

Canberra
<1100
<1100

Re: 2018 BSA International Rally

Postby Canberra » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:30 am

Time to revitalise this post.

The cabin accommodation at Hall's Gap disappeared very rapidly, more so than the Victorian club expected so they will release details of accommodation near by. We ended up getting last two cabins at another campsite just up the road. I'll leave the trailer and bikes at the main campsite like we did at last Australian meeting in Cowra last month. My B50T is earmarked for someone else at moment and my B50SS will be there. Looks like trailer down and could consider a short drive along the Great Ocean Road on return trip. It's years since I did that road on the B50 and I hear it's getting rather busy and cut up by all the caravans. Probably a slow ride but lots to see on the road. http://www.australia.com/en/places/great-ocean-road.html. There are at least 6 couples going from my club in Canberra at moment and a few I know from Sydney and Melbourne, so we can expect a good week at rally.

OK at the main site if you have a van or camping.

John

skippy
>1200
>1200

Postby skippy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:40 pm

I've got a spare BMW R65 bike just up the road. It starts with B but the other letters are a bit different.
Doug
Should never have sold them old motorbikes

Canberra
<1100
<1100

Postby Canberra » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:42 am

Yes, I've a few others but not the magic BSA brand. The BM might be a nice run around though.

B50s seem to be getting scarce. I was looking at a neat 1969 A65 lightening for sale for 9 1/2 over the week end but being a short arse, it feels heavier than my 2010 SE Bonne. Anyone got a US spec A65 for sale? They were a lot narrower.

John

Return to “Int BSA Rally and other meetings”