Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Here I will post all news on my page.
Post Reply
User avatar
b50root
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3315
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:44 pm
Location: Malmö Scania Sweden
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Flag: Scania Sweden
Contact:

Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by b50root » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:12 pm

nebrer on EBAY
nebrer at skype ( http://www.skype.com )

User avatar
Mark Cook
>1400
>1400
Posts: 4770
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:45 pm
Location: CCM Britain HQ Goldthorpe South Yorkshire
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: England
Contact:

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by Mark Cook » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:33 am

Another soggy Stonehenge I saw on the telly this morning. Oh well the days will get shorter and the cold is coming back now. <216
CCM Britain motorcycles and spares manufactured exclusively by PES

+44 (0) 1709 894192
http://www.ccm-britain.co.uk (online shopping experiance)

User avatar
rhino
<1100
<1100
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:40 am
Location: lancashire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by rhino » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:58 am

Just boiling some frogs and getting the toga ironed for tonight's shenanigans >44

User avatar
steve m
>1400
>1400
Posts: 2390
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 3:22 am
Location: melbourne, australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by steve m » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 am

Mark Cook wrote: Oh well the days will get shorter and the cold is coming back now.
:shock: no, no, no. what's all the doom and gloom. the days will be getting longer - more time to work on our B50's and buy the parts we need. the warmth will come back -why, just last night we had the coldest day in june for 3 years, -1°C, not cold by you northener's standards but hey, we got penguins. :grin:

steve -Brrr

Canberra
>1200
>1200
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:45 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 14 times
Flag: Australia
Contact:

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by Canberra » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Didn't you do well Steve we got -5deg! We got less than 10hrs light today. I cant wait till it gets warmer and longer hours of daylight. Daughter and partner just left for the snow but I hear that it is not very good this year as they are spending a fortune on the snow making gear with little natural snow. I see there are a few events on tomorrow (somehow they celebrate 22 June in Oz). To celebrate I might look at the garden (not necessary to do anything though). I may even try a bike out in the balmy 13deg.

I'm guessing Rickard Sweden and guys in Norway got a really long and warm day out of it. I really should change hemisphere this time of the year or head back to the tropics. Hope you all become pagans and have some celebration and a drink on us.

User avatar
steve m
>1400
>1400
Posts: 2390
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 3:22 am
Location: melbourne, australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by steve m » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:46 am

i knew you'd contribute if i bated you with my relatively warm temps :smile: . always keeping an eye on Canberra's temps, i really can't understand how human beings can live in a place so cold. i'm with you John, Rockhampton looks good every day of the year to me.
22nd.? do we celebrate the longest night perhaps?
anyway, all the best up there in the northern hemisphere - it's all down hill from now on :cry:

steve

User avatar
HPbyStan
>1400
>1400
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Janesville, Wi. USA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by HPbyStan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:47 pm

steve m wrote:i knew you'd contribute if i bated you with my relatively warm temps :smile: . always keeping an eye on Canberra's temps, i really can't understand how human beings can live in a place so cold. i'm with you John, Rockhampton looks good every day of the year to me.
22nd.? do we celebrate the longest night perhaps?
anyway, all the best up there in the northern hemisphere - it's all down hill from now on :cry:

steve
Thanks Steve, we've had a crappy Spring here and I was looking forward to things getting better and now you tell me this. Think I'll just go back to bed.

User avatar
steve m
>1400
>1400
Posts: 2390
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 3:22 am
Location: melbourne, australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by steve m » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:35 am

:oops:. it might be cloudy and a bit wet, but at least you've got some livable temperatures up there at the moment. <201 nuttin' wrong with goin' back to bed though.

Canberra
>1200
>1200
Posts: 1289
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:45 am
Location: Canberra, Australia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 14 times
Flag: Australia
Contact:

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by Canberra » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:45 am

Gerry, did you notice the bit in the doco about having a few drinks to improve your Swedish? At least we tried, even if we made up the translation (sorry about that Rickard).

I celebrated midwinter by going on a ride on the bike. The rain clouds were heavy and it certainly didn't get to the 13 deg so I thought I was going to get wet :( . Return trip home and the sun came out :grin: so just when I thought the weather improved I got a heavy rain shower but still in the sun :werd . Funny things happen on the shortest day (or maybe longest night) or as the doco portrayed.

I keep looking at the Northern hemisphere summer weather and think it sometimes doesn't go much warmer than my winter here. Only you don't get the 20 deg night/day fluctuation I get in Canberra.

I really liked your doco, Rickard.

User avatar
b50root
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3315
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:44 pm
Location: Malmö Scania Sweden
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Flag: Scania Sweden
Contact:

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by b50root » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:02 am

Now it´s time again for the frogdance.

Happy midsummer ( midsommar )!!

Rickard
nebrer on EBAY
nebrer at skype ( http://www.skype.com )

User avatar
Mark Cook
>1400
>1400
Posts: 4770
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:45 pm
Location: CCM Britain HQ Goldthorpe South Yorkshire
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: England
Contact:

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by Mark Cook » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:48 am

Leap year (frog pun <216 ) Midsummers day seems to be a little unsure. But happy Midsummer to you Rickard and all our members.
Our frogs are a bit more subdued now watching over the Tadpole's. It's so nice to have a slug and snail free garden.
CCM Britain motorcycles and spares manufactured exclusively by PES

+44 (0) 1709 894192
http://www.ccm-britain.co.uk (online shopping experiance)

User avatar
HPbyStan
>1400
>1400
Posts: 2897
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Janesville, Wi. USA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by HPbyStan » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:34 pm

Only 90 days of summer left here. I marked the calendar last Monday.

User avatar
Jack Gifford
>560
>560
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 5:58 am
Location: Phelps, NY
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times
Birthday
Flag: United States of America

Re: Happy solstice. Glad midsommar.

Post by Jack Gifford » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:23 am

Mark Cook wrote: ... Oh well the days will get shorter...
Hey- it's now less than six months 'til the days start getting longer again! :razz:
"Motley" bike history: Horex 400, 1940 HD 45 FH, HD Baja 100, '49 Indian Scout 440, Victor 441 Roadster, H*nda TL125, Guzzi V50, H*nda FT500, 400-4, NX250
Aside from bikes: known as the "guru" of M/T hemi Pontiacs

Post Reply