bonnietiler
>20
>20
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: England

NEW B50SS and it Goes!

Post by bonnietiler » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Bought this around 3 months ago and boy could I start it...No..I didn't go down the old MOT station cos if I managed to get it going , and I did occasionally I couldn't stand the shame of not being able to start it when I left...It was so haphazard..one minute it would start then..nothing on another day it would star 2 or 3 times then...yes, you've guessed it.. I bought a new Coil, a new carburettor, I even fitted an air-slide, nothing made a bit of difference. So I resigned myself to flogging it, I removed all the extras that I had fitted and put back the original (1971) coil..who says Lucas is rubbish? I refitted the old original carb... Then it all happened..the knack...it was a fluke but it came to me and now the bike starts pretty much as and when. I'm elated..MOT next week, then get some miles..My other bike is a S*zuki X7, are there 2 more disparate machines? Mind you I run a Triumph Stag as my daily driver so as you can see I do have a sense of humour
Bonnietiler
(That is "Bonnie" as in the bike I used to ride and "Tiler" as in the job I used to do

beat
>1400
>1400
Has thanked: 0
Flag: Switzerland

Re: NEW B50SS and it Goes!

Post by beat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:46 pm

hi bonnie

B50 arn't boring bikes, - yes ?
they are always able to shock you with something new, and as bigger the mishap was, - as more proud you are sitting on the bike and thundering up the road.... <1005 <1005

keep on it and enjoy the rarely moments when it gos really nicely :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

beat

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: NEW B50SS and it Goes!

Post by minetymenace » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:31 pm

<135 to the forum bonnietiler, looks like you had a total eclipse at the start :laugh

Would you update you profile please and let everyone know roughly where you are please?
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.