bonnietiler
>20
>20
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: England

Just Been on 1st decent run on B50SS

Post by bonnietiler » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:38 pm

As I mentioned my bike is somewhat reluctant to chime above 4000rpm however, my next door neighbour also has a 500cc single and we decided on a whim.. a fancy, if you will.. like a spring zephyr of a thought, and with no preparation, to go on a Friday run, I grabbed my favourite Adjustable ..just in case of mechanical emergency and Off we capered with full tanks, which is not actually saying much really as mine is only 2 gallons we cunningly decided, with as much thought as 2 drunks on whether to have a Curry or a Kebab that deepest darkest Wales would be our destination...Llangollen ...not only Llangollen but The Ponderosa,

Oh yes, (on top of a high hill it is..very dangerous) and as Livingstone and Stanley before us and with only a Full RAC Recovery service and a mobile phone + credit Cards we intrepidly ventured EXACTLY like Adventurers of old. Manchester to Northwich and a stop at JS, coffee and general slashing then onwards and into deepest Wales via Chester and Pontyblyddon and such ..not unlike those mere Amateurs of old we got lost.. but did our heads drop?

We asked an itinerant Shepherd.."Whither the Ponderosa My good man" But he only spoke Welsh and my Welsh, even though my Grannie was known as Grannie Powell...It wasn't here name but she'd "peaked" by then and she seemed to answer to it all the same..Is rather limited to " A pint of Brains SA please" We gamely hacked onwards, using our celebrated sense of direction and ingenuity and went along a slightly spooky single track road..that got VERY single indeed..Actually, I think we went through somebodies back garden, and my bike hardly has a Stealth mode..it not having any gubbins inside its Lozenge...Finally, using what I can only describe as Tracking Abilities the one and only Commander Scott of the Antarctic had previously shown (and we know what happen to him) we stopped and had a breather finally we determined after a deep and thoughtful discussion to follow the the signs that read "Ponderosa..This Way"...and do you know what? It worked.

I had Fish and Chips to celebrate and a Latte..as I said almost exactly like Scott..
Bike went great only covered 120 miles or so my Next door Neighbour Has a Royal Oilfield 500 of Indian extaction so as you might imagine my limit of 4000rpm was no great loss in the circumstances.. After about 80 miles or so, I replenished the unleaded and found that I could only squeeze in 6 litres.
Got home to find my new Lozenge silencer had been delivered, HUSSAH...I SAID I GOT HOME TO FIND MY NEW LOZ...its no good they cant hear me due to noise coming from this hollow square box what passes for a muffler...it IS very loud.
Great day actually a great bike.
Bonnietiler

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1

Re: Just Been on 1st decent run on B50SS

Post by minetymenace » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:16 pm

Brilliant :thumb

Did you leave fruit cake behind? Hope you took some pictures...
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

AJ CCM
>260
>260

Post by AJ CCM » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Bonnietiler
You need to post a bit more often, that was a good read :thumb
Regards AJ CCM

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1

Post by minetymenace » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:57 pm

AJ CCM....ditto. :ok
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

Johnq1
>40
>40

Post by Johnq1 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:41 pm

New lozenge silencer??? Where did you find that please,

bonnietiler
>20
>20

Post by bonnietiler » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Well I bought one from the USA used...it cost a kings ransom and then I found a New one at Burton Bike Bits so I have a spare!