Barry Creary
<1100
<1100
Flag: Australia

Fury

Post by Barry Creary » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:00 pm

[url]
[/www.real-classic.co.uk/2018/12/02/class ... c-show/url]
This is my first go at copy of paste I saw this on Facebook maybe it's of interest to you guys.

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: Fury

Post by minetymenace » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:27 pm

Well Barry, close, try this and/or this.
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

kommando
>1400
>1400
Flag: Ireland

Re: Fury

Post by kommando » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:56 pm

As Ken Sprayson also says he is solely responsible for fixing the Widowmaker Norton Commando frame and that he made more from correcting the Italian frames Norton sourced from Verlicchi who also made Ducati's frames I would take this statement with a bucket of salt.

You may recall an article I wrote for the RC magazine which told the story of Roger Josling’s BSA Bandit special. Here is the original BSA Fury as it came out of the factory, which is the same but different and also flows less easily from the alliterative aspect. By chance I met Tony Page at the show and he took issue with one aspect of my article. I had said that the frame was based on that designed by Rob North for the Trident. However Tony has it on excellent authority – Ken Sprayson himself – that the frame originated from KS. Bert Hopwood, annoyed at Umberslade Hall’s procrastination, called Sprayson in to progress the design which was based on the frame he had made for Percy Tait’s Triumph racer. Mea culpa and unreserved apologies.

ZDF's MD of Norton Gmbh view of Verlicchi frames

Verlicchi made the majority of Commando frames to the best of my knowledge. Early ones were fumbled together in England, but Verlicchi were the motorcycle frame professionals making frames on an industrial rather than one-by-one scale, and to date make frames for lesser (than Norton, that is!) manufacturers like BMW, Ducati etc.

Considering Reynolds are defunct and Verlicchi still make frames today, who would you believe.