Stolen - The IHO. 1966 B44 Victor Enduro...

Everything else about us and our bikes.

Moderator: minetymenace

Ian Hingley
>1400
>1400

Stolen - The IHO. 1966 B44 Victor Enduro...

Post by Ian Hingley »

Hi guys

Don't worry it's been recovered.

I've been away for a few days and it seems my Victor fancied a little trip too.

My garage was broken into in the early hours of Monday morning. Failing to get past the door lock, they removed the window from the personal door at the back, unbolted the front doors from inside and forced the doors outwards.
There were 5 motorbikes in there and two bicycles. They took an expensive, nearly new, bicycle and my Victor. Oh, and a crappy old laptop I use for playing music whilst I tinker.
Two of the other bikes are worth more than the Victor and they had to move other bikes to get to it. I'm not sure it was targeted though. Maybe they thought its off-road styling looked most fun. Not sure.
Anyway, they didn't get far - it was found lying on its side in the driveway of the house two doors down the road! Broken front lever blade and spilled fluids is all the damage I can see so far.

So, I'm feeling very lucky :smile: and relieved :smile: . But unlucky to be burgled :uhu and also a complete idiot. >44
  • My garage has small windows at the front. People kept telling me to cover them up so no-one could see in. I was always going to...
    There was no alarm. I removed it from my old garage and was always going to refit it...
    There was no CCTV fitted. I've got both a camera and a dummy one ready for fitting, but never did...
    There is a PIR security light, but I noticed the bulb had gone earlier in the week. Should have changed it...
    The window to the door was removed with my own garden hoe. I'd spotted I'd left the hoe out in the back garden last week, but didn't put it away...
    The front doors have bolts across them top and bottom. However one of the doors has dropped a little so the bolts no longer line up and the padlocks don't fit. Should have adjusted them...
    I normally park my car up against the garage doors so no-one can open them. As I was going away I should have asked my son to park his car there instead...
If any one of these seemingly small points pricks your conscience, please don't be lazy like me. Fix things at the first opportunity.

Please don't join me in Tales Of Woe!

Ian <069 b44icon IHOSMILE
66 BSA Victor Enduro, 72 BSA Lightning, 62 BSA B40 trials, 2015 Truimph Street Twin, 89 H*nda Bros 650, 2000 Aprilia Moto 6.5 Starck
skippy
>1400
>1400

Re: Stolen - The IHO. 1966 B44 Victor Enduro...

Post by skippy »

Your right it is so easy to avoid doing these things.
Doug
Should never have sold them old motorbikes
David S
>220
>220

Post by David S »

I am glad to hear that you got your bike back.Hind sight is always 20/20 learn from this,I know I will be more careful too.

David S
AJ CCM
>260
>260

Post by AJ CCM »

Ian
Glad you got your IHOSMILE back.
they probably couldn't start it so left it
Regards AJ CCM
ringding
>220
>220

Post by ringding »

Glad you got it back Ian!
I keep meaning to fit some ground anchors in my garage, to chain the bikes to each night. I'd have to hide all the tools I keep in there though so that they can't be used to remove the chains!
'81 RD250LC
'88 Y*maha TDR250

ridingalongwayslowly.blogspot.com
beat
>1400
>1400

Post by beat »

AJ CCM wrote:Glad you got your back.
they probably couldn't start it so left it
my guess two.
as we all know: it needs a good technique to get them alive :!:

( I ask myself : should I contenouse to develop a electric starter in this case :?: <201 <017 :?:)

Ian, - could you not taking it in to your bedroom so far ???

beat :idea:
LONGSTROKE
>80
>80

Post by LONGSTROKE »

Glad you got the Victor back, you've still got the other stuff missing and the damage to repair! Good job they don't read this forum and the posts on how to start a big single - they'd be away. Better not put in print what I think about these lowlife - the moderator will tell me off. :oops: Sounds like there's a busy weekend ahead putting all the new security in place! I'm going to ring Tony Martin Security Ltd to see what he suggests for security, heard he's got the answer :thumb
Jeff K
>1400
>1400

Post by Jeff K »

Many years back, a good pal of mine was living in a bad neighborhood. Break ins were common. He made his own alarm. He took long dry wall screws and run them through a piece of board. Then he left it under the side window. One night at about 3:30 am, the "alarm" went off. They caught the guy in the garage screaming and trying to pulling the board off. The police told my buddy with a smile that he should clean up better after doing wood work because somebody could get hurt. : )
Jeff
beat
>1400
>1400

Post by beat »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: