Part number 66-0492 is my problem

Everything else about us and our bikes.

Moderator: minetymenace

Malcolms Lad
>220
>220

Part number 66-0492 is my problem

Post by Malcolms Lad »

So I have a definite small end issue that has erupted in the last 2 mile of my initial 122 miles. I have eliminated all other possibilities. I have a replacement bush which i purchased from the wonderful Anita earlier in the year....

My issue is my wedding is next Monday, I know I can get the engine out in a short few hours but I need someone willing to fit and ream the new bush with enough time for me to get it back in the bike.

Anyone willing to help would really get me out the brown!!!
How to rupture yourself in one easy lesson!
minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1

Re: Part number 66-0492 is my problem

Post by minetymenace »

Malcolms Lad wrote:my wedding is next Monday
It is best to have your bikes in bits when you get married because you cannot sell them when they are in bits. There are some other facts about married life that should be made clear at the beginning of any long term commitment:
1. Engine in the sink, bearings in the freezer, just because the appliance is cream coloured doesn't mean it can only be used by the fairer sex.
2. It may have been marketed as a "Dishwasher", but half the population knows that it is also a parts washer.
3. Leather is always sexy, whoever is wearing it no matter how old they are.
4. Don't under estimate the importance of lubrication especially with an interference fit.
5. The winner is the one with the most bikes, they are a good long term investment (honest).
6. If anyone (apart from your intended) is going to mess with your little end, they can only do it before you get married.

Congratulations, and the very best of luck to you both next Monday. :thumb
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.
AJ CCM
>260
>260

Post by AJ CCM »

minetymenace wrote:
Malcolms Lad wrote:my wedding is next Monday
It is best to have your bikes in bits when you get married because you cannot sell them when they are in bits. There are some other facts about married life that should be made clear at the beginning of any long term commitment:
1. Engine in the sink, bearings in the freezer, just because the appliance is cream coloured doesn't mean it can only be used by the fairer sex.
2. It may have been marketed as a "Dishwasher", but half the population knows that it is also a parts washer.
3. Leather is always sexy, whoever is wearing it no matter how old they are.
4. Don't under estimate the importance of lubrication especially with an interference fit.
5. The winner is the one with the most bikes, they are a good long term investment (honest).
6. If anyone (apart from your intended) is going to mess with your little end, they can only do it before you get married.

Congratulations, and the very best of luck to you both next Monday. :thumb
:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
Regards AJ CCM
skippy
>1400
>1400

Post by skippy »

The local engineering shop said i had to take the con rod out, so i took mine to and old engineering friend how did it insitue.
Doug
Should never have sold them old motorbikes