Hammer of the Gods - B50SS Project

Here you can publish Your projects bikes.
Only BSA singles

Moderator: minetymenace

Rookster
>120
>120

Re: Hammer of the Gods - B50SS Project

Post by Rookster »

This bike has changed a little bit over the years. I haven't really ridden it at all since I last updated this thread. The bike never really came out like I wanted it to. There were also some problems. The rear fender cracked from the relatively heavy tail light housing and plate. Since there was no support brace the fender split at the edge and ran up to the tail light housing. Every time I tried to use the bike something would happen like a flat tire or a cracked rim or some other issue. I have other bikes and when it was time for a ride I chose one of those instead. I have tried to sell the B50 the last 2 Springs but got no interest. So, what to do with a bike I don't trust and can't sell? Start to work on it again and try to like it.

First was to replace the rear fender and either relocate the tail light or use a rubber universal enduro tail light. Once I got the new fender mounted I couldn't bring myself to drill it for a tail light so I used a dual filament bullet light mounted off the muffler tab. Next was to change the exhaust system. I have ripped too many pairs of shorts walking by the B50 and having them get caught on the ridiculous dual mufflers. They stick out quite far. So I swapped them for an old MCM spark arrestor. The MCM muffler has a 1.75" inlet so I had to get an adapter with a 1.5" id and a 1.75" od. I took it for a 2 hour ride last week and it ran great. There were no breakdowns or issues. I think I can start to trust this bike but it will take more miles and trouble free rides.

Here it is in September 2022:

Scott
beat
>1400
>1400

Post by beat »

:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb
Rookster
>120
>120

Post by Rookster »

Thanks Beat.

I also did the CCM rocker oil modification. I plugged the old rocker feed with some 3/16 hose and a screw.

1/8 npt to 3/16 hose barb into the timing cover plug.

Then I ran the hose up the front down tube and across to the rocker oil feed.

Here's another pic which shows the tail light and plate holder.

Scott
Ian Hingley
>1400
>1400

Post by Ian Hingley »

You wouldn't get away with that rear light and number plate arrangement here in the UK (or at least I wouldn't, with my luck!). Cops would be all over you like a rash.

Rear light does look funky though!

Ian
66 BSA Victor Enduro, 72 BSA Lightning, 62 BSA B40 trials, 2015 Truimph Street Twin, 89 H*nda Bros 650, 2000 Aprilia Moto 6.5 Starck
Rookster
>120
>120

Post by Rookster »

Its illegal here also. The plate might be ok but the tail light is too small. Police officers don't really hassle old bikes much around my area. Now that I said that, let's see what happens. :smile:

Scott
beat
>1400
>1400

Post by beat »

Rookster wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:55 pm let's see what happens.
please let us known the amount of the bill you have to pay so they have been catching you...

:lol: :lol:
beat