B50 prices

Some words about this forum

Moderator: minetymenace

gpvictor
>20
>20

B50 prices

Post by gpvictor »

Am I the mug? I just bought a B50MX in bits and incomplete off ebay for£3600.I needed some reference points from the frame for a "works " bike project and thought lets put in a silly bid. I won it - shock horror. Now I'm in the shit - another bloody bike - fortunately my missus is a sweetie so no real problem. Seriously though the bike appears to be substantially complete, new rims, engine has compression and gears select. It is surely worth 6k at least. It wouldn't cost more than 2k to complete it as a mxer - guards, seat, tank, controls, powder coat, chains - if you can get a reasonable mxer on track for around 10k you are doing well and they are a very good bike as standard - a bit heavy is the problem but that can be overcome. Any views - I have been out of circulation for a while so could be out of touch with values.There were 350 or so watchers - they weren't bidding though - it arrives tomorrow - I'm quite excited even though I have said I will sell it on when I've finished with the measuring stick.
Mike
kommando
>1400
>1400

Re: B50 prices

Post by kommando »

You paid £3600 on an auction site so it's worth £3600, your £2K misses out all the Labour you will do for free but would otherwise cast £50 an hour.
SteveS
>640
>640

Re: B50 prices

Post by SteveS »

In an ideal world you would have hoped to have got it for less than £3600 but at the moment we are limited to sources of bike projects because of Covid19 and the associated limitations on travel, auto-jumbles (swap meets). If I had wanted it and was bidding I would probably have gone in at around the same amount. So well done on your purchase :grin:

All the pent up demand is currently guided in the only available direction - the internet, so prices are higher for most products as everyone scrambles for the same items. Auction sites seem to have gone particularly mental with some extraordinarily high sale prices. Traders know this so are putting up their rates where they can on fixed price goods, although their costs may also be going up because of the effects of Brexit (leaving the EU).

Not the best time to buy but probably a good time to sell, although there are still some bargains to be had
Steve Sewell